Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Cafe Beaujolais

One of my favorite places to eat in Mendocino is Cafe Beaujolais, located at 961 Ukiah Street. They also have an outdoor pizza oven and you can get a pizza in their outdoor cafe. You can purchase homemade bread as well.

They changed owners and I was fearful that the menu would not be as good. My fears were allayed when we ate there recently. I actually think their food is better now.


Thai Duck Salad--$14. Local Garden Greens, Liberty Farm Duck Confit, Toasted Cashews, Pickled Radish, Goat Cheese Fritters, Thai Lime Dressing. I love this dish. It's loaded with duck confit and I like the goat cheese fritters--crispy outside and creamy inside.


Local Fish of the Day (ling cod)--$15. Smashed fingerling potatoes, warm cherry tomatoes and Arugula salad.


Beer Battered Wild Caught Fish & Chips--$18. Scrimshaw beer battered fish (halibut on the day of our visit) with house made tartar sauce and crispy Kennebec fries. The fish was good but the portion was small. The fries were greasy and disappointing.



2019 04 27/05 11/06 08

No comments:

Post a Comment