Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

SFO to Corsica

In 2017, right before the Santa Rosa fire, we went to Corsica and Italy. I didn't have a chance to blog about our trip back then. Hope my memory and my notes hold up.


I flew on Delta from SFO to JFK. I was surprised that a snack was served. You could choose from Tillamook Cheese & Fruit (3 cheeses, flatbread crackers, almonds, grapes and Godiva dark chocolate), Beef Pastrami Sandwich (served with potato salad and caramel Godiva), and a Veggie Wrap (served with strawberries, grapes and oatmeal crunch cookie). 

Sitting on the left side of the plane, I got a nice view of Long Island as we came in for a landing.


At JFK, I had a 3 1/2 hour layover and had dinner at The Locals, located in Terminal 1 at Gate 5.


What a disappointment. I ordered a Chicken Caesar Salad to eat there and was served a boxed salad, similar to what you find at Trader Joe's. Okay, this had kale in it as well but was it worth $13.99? No!


I flew Air France on a redeye from JFK to Orly in Paris. I had a chicken dinner and a blueberry muffin right before landing. You could barely see the Eiffel Tower in the distance as we came in for a landing.


After a 2 hour layover in Orly, I flew to Bastia in Corsica. It was a 1 1/2 hour flight. Twenty and a half hours after leaving San Francisco, I finally made it to Corsica.



2017 09 23

No comments:

Post a Comment