Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Cheddar Coins--Worst Recipe Ever!

I needed to bring a hostess gift to a wine crush event and searched for a cheddar coin recipe. I found one in a cookbook my husband bought over a decade ago.


I have tried several recipes from this book but never found one that was good. I should have gotten a hint from that.


This is what the coins are supposed to look like.


This is how mine looked--flatter than a pancake. It was the worst recipe ever. When I read the recipe, I thought the fat to flour content was really high but since I had never made it before, I followed the recipe exactly. The cookies spread as expected. They were incredibly greasy from the butter.

Here's the recipe:

4 Tbs butter
1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup flour
pinch of salt
pinch of cayenne pepper

With an electric mixer, cream the butter until soft.

Stir in the remaining ingredients. Gather to form a dough.

Transfer to a lightly floured surface. Shape into a cylinder, wrap in waxed paper and chill for 1-2 hours

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line and grease 2 baking sheets. Cut the dough into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on baking sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden.



2014 09 20

No comments:

Post a Comment