Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Okonomiyaki

You know I'm always in search of a good okonomiyaki. I was ecstatic when I found a mix for okonomiyaki at Mitsuwa in San Jose.


Stir 3/4 cup water into 1 cup mix and add 2 eggs. I pre-cooked the cabbage slightly but it was still crispy when I added the cabbage to the mix.

Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Add a mound of the mixture, a few shrimp and noodles that can be found in the refrigerated section of a Chinese grocery store. Add 2 slices of bacon on top. After the bottom has browned, flip the mixture over and cook until the bacon is done.


I added shaved bonito on top then drizzled Okonomi sauce all over.


The finished product. I liked this better than the one I had in Kyoto. This was more of an Osaka style onokoniyaki.



2014 09 19

No comments:

Post a Comment