Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

DishDash

One of my favorite places in the south bay is DishDash. They take reservations now, which makes it so much easier to dine here. No more long waits.

It's located at 190 South Murphy in Sunnyvale. It was a beautiful evening and we sat outdoors.


Pita bread is served with this dipping sauce made of olive oil, sesame seeds, ground sumac/oregano/thyme.


I always get the M'Shakaleh. I've tried a lot of their entrees but this is still my favorite and I'm not a vegetarian. It's layers of mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, eggplant, cauliflower in a yogurt tomato sauce, served over rice with toasted almonds. The sauce is ridiculously delicious. I love the cauliflower flavor with the rice--reminds me of a dish my sister-in-law's Persian mom makes--Cauliflower with Lamb & Rice. It's a huge portion for $14.95. I really should eat half of it and save the rest for the next day but I can never stop halfway.


My husband ordered the Tabsi--$17.95. Minced beef & lamb, eggplant, onions, tomatoes, peppers, garlic, curry, dry lime. This was served with a side of rice. The kabobs were slightly dry but worked with the sauce.



2014 08 30

No comments:

Post a Comment