Search This Blog

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Au Vieux Porche, Eguisheim

Dinner in Eguisheim was at Au Vieux Porche. It was outside of the ring but still less than a 10-minute walk from our hotel.


Au Vieux Porche is located at 16 Rue des Trois Chateaux.


Amuse bouche of some kind of smoked meat. I couldn't really understand the server.


I ordered the 3-course menu for €24. I chose the Compotee de Lapin, Marinade de Tomates au Balsamico as a starter. This was a tasty rabbit terrine with tomatoes marinated with balsamic vinegar.


My husband ordered a green salad for a starter--€5. It wasn't on the menu but the server suggested it when he asked for a simple salad.


I chose for my main the Civet de Chevreuil "Alsace," Spaetzle a la Farine de Chataigne. This was deer stew with chestnut spaetzle and delicious.


My husband ordered Rignons de Veau Poel a la carte--€16. This was veal kidneys in a mustard sauce--even better than my main.


My dessert was Strudel aux Poires, Sauce Caramel, Glace Vanille. I think I like pear strudel better than apple strudel. 



2015 09 21

No comments:

Post a Comment