Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Chelino's Mexican Restaurant

I was told that Chelino's, located at 1079 4th Street in Santa Rosa had a good shrimp soup. Order at the counter and find a table. The food is brought to you.

You get complimentary chips and there is an extensive salsa bar to accompany the chips.


I was talked into having the Caldo Siete Mares (7 seas soup) instead of the Caldo de Camaron (shrimp soup) by the person taking orders at the counter. He said it was the same broth but better. This was $13.95 and it was a huge portion. I had enough to take home and have another meal. The broth was so flavorful and delicious but I think I would have liked the pure shrimp soup better. This had shrimp, mussels and clams (way too strong a taste for this soup), octopus, clams, fish and imitation crab. I didn't like the crab.


Goat Birria de Res--$12.95. This was delicious but you have to like goat. It was tender, not greasy and the beans and rice were just the way I like them. No added vegetables in the rice, fluffy and not too wet.

I'll have to go back and try their menudo next time. Like the birria, it's served on Saturday and Sundays only.



2017 01 28

No comments:

Post a Comment