Search This Blog

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Hogmanay Steak Pie

We still participate in a Supper Club in the South Bay. Our theme last month was December dishes popular around the world.

I chose Hogmanay Steak Pie, a dish popular in Scotland to celebrate Hogmanay. The Scots didn't celebrate Christmas until recently. It wasn't a public holiday until 1958. The Scots instead got together to celebrate Hogmanay. It starts on New Year's Eve and continues until January 2. The celebration included eating Hogmanay pie. Here's the recipe:

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/9199/hogmanay-steak-pie.aspx


I thought the steak pie was kind of bland and wished I had added more flavoring. Next time, I'll include pearl onions, parsley and more salt & pepper. I would also make the puff pastry a little more presentable.



2016 12 03

No comments:

Post a Comment