Search This Blog

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Gwen & Franny's Fried Chicken

We were headed to Hilton Head for our first night and I searched on Yelp for a place to eat along the way.


I found Gwen & Franny's Fried Chicken in Hardeeville, just 17 miles and 18 minutes from the Savannah Airport.


Gwen & Franny's is located on Hwy 17, just a few minutes from I-95N. Driving north on Hwy 17, Gwen & Franny's is located on the left after State Bank. Google Maps leads you to the wrong location.


Fried Chicken Plate--$7.75. Two pieces of dark meat (leg & thigh) with 2 sides. I chose collard greens and red rice. The chicken was crispy and very juicy. It was delicious but not so fantastic I would go out of my way to try it. The collard greens were good with a slight hint of sweetness. The red rice was not as good--a little too sweet for my taste. The plate also came with either cornbread or a roll. I chose the cornbread and it was light and delicious.


My husband ordered the Fried Fish (whiting fish) Plate--$8.25. Two pieces of absolutely delicious fish. So light and delicious. He had the mac n cheese and coleslaw sides. They were both delicious.


Pint of Fried Liver & Gizzard--$3.95. These were bland. They were lightly fried and not greasy but it just needed a sauce of some kind.


Bread Pudding--$2.50. My husband is a bread pudding fan. It was moist but he thought it needed a sauce.


Jumbo Sweet Tea--$2.50. We shared it. At first, I thought it would be too much but it was just the right amount for the 2 of us.



2016 11 12

No comments:

Post a Comment