Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Savannah & Charleston and My Lucky Day

I had a week off in November and had to find a vacation to fit in that week. I decided to visit Savannah & Charleston. I had never been and it seemed like a good time to go. It's considered off-season but the weather was still decent.

I usually have terrible luck with flights but the stars all aligned on this trip. My flight from SFO to Charlotte, NC departed on time and arrived on time. We only had a little over an hour layover and it was just the right amount of time to get from one terminal to another for our puddle jumper to Savannah.

It must have been my lucky day because in addition to the flights arriving on time, other things went my way:
  • There were signs all over 101 that Van Ness had major construction. Since my husband usually takes 19th Avenue through San Francisco, I thought we would miss the mess. As we got off the Golden Gate Bridge, my husband bypassed the 19th Avenue turnoff. I asked what he was doing and he said he wanted to try something different. He had missed the 3-4 warning signs on Hwy 101. Fortunately, there wasn't much construction at 5 am so we breezed through the city. Lucky #1.
  • We parked at the Hilton and on the shuttle back to the airport, we passed the turnoff we had just taken and noticed the street shut down by 5-6 police cars. We were fortunate to have missed all that. Lucky #2.
  • Our flight from SFO to CLT was pretty full but there were 2 empty seats in front of our row. The passenger in our row moved to that row and gave us an empty middle seat. Lucky #3.
  • My husband found a nickel at the Charlotte airport. Lucky #4.
  • Our connecting flight to Savannah was empty and we moved to the exit row. Lucky #5.
  • I found a dime on the plane. Lucky #6.
  • At the hotel that night, Anthony Bourdain's "Parts Unknown" featured Charleston. What timing! Lucky #7.


2016 11 12

No comments:

Post a Comment