Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

A Busy Restaurant Week 2018

It was a busy restaurant week in Sonoma County. We had an opportunity to try some new places and indulge at some old ones.

I would say the most disappointing meal was at Walter Hansel. Their usual 3-course meal is $35 and for restaurant week, their 3-course dinner was $39. I thought they would thrown in something a little special but they didn't. The first course salad was tiny and the dessert was laughable for a $39 meal. The steak was delicious as were the pomme frites but overall still a disappointment. I'll go back to have their duck gizzard salad, which is out of this world and their reasonably priced wine list but I won't be back for Restaurant Week.

Another price for quality disappointment was at Sazon. The empanada was tiny as was the entree serving size.

The best deal was at Monti's. The burrata was a huge portion and the sole was delicious. The only disappointment was the dessert.

A close second was Jackson's. I was pleasantly surprised by the large salad and the delicious osso bucco.

I'm glad I discovered Rocker Oysterfeller. Their corn muffin is to die for and I loved their brined fried chicken.

I'm also happy I ate at Rosso's, even though they baited and switched their menu. It was supposed to be a $19 menu but turned out to be a $29 menu. I noticed on their regular menu that they have bucatini and meatballs on Mondays so I'll have to go back to try that.

No comments:

Post a Comment