Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Albion River Inn

Dinner after the Mendocino Whale Festival was at Albion River Inn, located at 3790 North Hwy 1, Albion.

They offer a 3-course menu for $32.50. They had chicken on the 3-course menu and I really wanted shrimp so I ordered off the menu.


Fresh Oysters on the Half Shell--$16 for 6. It's served with a spicy & tangy relish of cucumber, ginger & jalapeño and a fire-roasted red bell pepper cocktail sauce. I love the relish of cucumber, ginger and jalapeño--just the right amount of spiciness and the ginger is great on the oyster. 


Lime & Ginger Grilled Prawns--sweet jumbo shrimp marinated & basted on the grill with lime, ginger, garlic & soy, sauced with tangy cilantro-lime butter and served with steamed coconut jasmine rice & caramelized beets--$29.50. This is one of my favorite dishes at this restaurant. The flavors meld so well but then again I love anything with cilantro.



2015 03 07

No comments:

Post a Comment