Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Osteria, Palo Alto

I hadn't been to Osteria in a while and had a craving for their calamari steak. Osteria is an institution in Palo Alto--it's been in business for nearly 30 years. It's located at 247 Hamilton Ave.


Polenta alla Griglia--with wild mushrooms in a tomato sauce--$10. I liked this dish. Nice tomato & mushroom flavor with soft polenta cakes.


Cuore di Palma--heart of palm with roasted pepper--$8. Loved the garlicky, creamy dressing.


Pappardelle Osteria--large spinach noodle with prosciutto, mushrooms, tomato sauce--$14.50. This is another of my favorites. I love the sauce.


Calamari Steak Meuniere--lemon butter sauce--$20. The calamari has a light egg batter and the sauce is delicious.


Saltimbocca Romana--rolled veal with prosciutto and Teleme cheese--$22. My husband thought the veal was dry.


Spinach with Sauce--1/2 lb of spinach--$8. This is another of my favorites. I like the soft spinach and meat sauce. I wish I could make this.



2015 02 14

No comments:

Post a Comment