Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2019

Chia Te

Chia Te is one of my favorite bakeries in Taipei. It's located on Nanjing East Road in Songshan.


Judging by the line, it's a favorite for a lot of people. Get here when it opens at 8am. They have a tendency to run out.


Chia Te is famous for pineapple cakes. Some describe this as similar to fig newtons but so much better. The pastry is very flaky and the filling is soft, chewy and delicious. It has a shelf life of 40 days and cost NT$30 ($0.85). They also have a version that has egg yolk inside. This has an even shorter shelf life of 15 days and cost NT$35 ($1)


I personally like the Sun Cakes better. They're flaky and has a slight chew in the center. The shelf life  is 15 days and cost NT$30 ($0.85). I went to Chia Te on my last day in town and unfortunately, they ran out. I was BUMMED!



2019 01 20

No comments:

Post a Comment