Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Piperade

I found a Travelzoo deal at Piperade again this year. $79 for 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 2 desserts.


Piperade is located at 1015 Battery Street in San Francisco. 


It's a Basque restaurant. This is the Basque cross or lauburu.


2015 Chateau d’Esclans, Whispering Angel, Grenache Rose, Rolle, France--$38. This retails for $22 so the markup wasn't bad. It was a nice light drink, perfect for a scorching weekend.


Warm Sheep's Milk Cheese + Ham Terrine, Aged Sherry--$16. This was way too salty.


Twice Cooked Oxtail, Napa Cabbage, Pickled Pepper Salpicon--$16. This was delicious. The oxtail was so tender and full of flavor. I liked the pickled napa cabbage as well.


Blue Nose Sea Bass, Spinach, Fried Garlic Vinaigrette--$27. This was well cooked. The fish was just perfect and the spinach was a nice accompaniment.


Sauteed King Salmon, Corn Pudding + Celery, Cherry Salpicon--$30. My salmon was well cooked, just slightly raw in the middle, which is the way I like it. The corn pudding had whole kernels of corn. The celery had a strong flavor but worked well with the cherry. It tempered the sweetness.


Dark Chocolate Cake "Arnatxi"--$9. I loved this cake. It was warm and not too sweet.


Traditional Gateau Basque + Cherry Confit--$9. The cake had marzipan in it and my husband liked it.


Milk Chocolate + Peanut Butter "Rocher"--$9. My sister liked this dessert but I thought the bottom layer was a little too crunchy.


We were celebrating a birthday so we got a bonus dessert. Carmel Custard "Koka." I liked this 2nd to my chocolate dessert. It was just the right egginess.



2106 07 23

No comments:

Post a Comment