Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2016

Cafe Beaujolais

I spent the weekend along the California coast and went to Mendocino. What a gorgeous weekend. Sunny and warm. I love fall along the coast--so much better than the summer when it's crowded and foggy.


I had lunch at my favorite place--Cafe Beaujolais. It's located at 961 Ukiah Street.


They have the most wonderful bread--the one on the left is their Austrian Bread. It's made of white flour, sunflower seeds, cracked wheat, oats, barley, polenta, millet, buckwheat, flax seed, soy grits, sesame seeds, water, malt, sea salt and yeast. There is no oil or butter in the bread. It is moist with just a hint of sourness. 


I got the Duck Confit Cobb Salad--$13.50. Greens, Boiled Egg, Cherry Tomatoes, Bacon
Avocado, Point Reyes Bleu Cheese, Braised Onions, Olive Vinaigrette. This was a good portion. The duck was tender and all the different ingredients worked well.


My sisters ordered the Sautéed Gulf Prawn Fettuccini--$13.50. Wild Mushrooms, Organic Cherry Tomatoes, Baby Spinach and Shellfish Brandy Butter. This had always been another of my favorites but the portion today was 1/2 what it used to be. It still was delicious with homemade fettucine and the shellfish sauce was creamy and delicious. Just wished there was more of it.



2016 10 22

No comments:

Post a Comment