Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Manna Restaurant

I made reservations at Manna Restaurant for our first dinner in Ljubljana. It got good reviews on TripAdvisor. They had a 4-course dinner for €32. You don't actually get to pick the courses--the chef did. You could add a wine pairing: €3.90/glass for "fresh" wine and €4.50/glass for "old" wines (wines older than 2012). Their definition of "old" wine is a little different from what we consider "old" in wine country.


Manna is located at Eipprova Ulica 1a, a 10 minute walk from our hotel (or a 15-minute walk from the Triple Bridge).


There was a nice bread basket with 3 choices--classic white, onion and baguette with walnuts.


Amuse bouche of sea bass fish pate, black polenta and shrimp caviar.


Marinated Octopus on Carpaccio of Octopus, Asparagus, Balsamic Caviar. I was going to choose this as my first course so I'm glad the chef included this in his choice. The balsamic caviar were little bubbles of balsamic vinegar. This was the same caviar concept that we had at the wine pairing lunch at Lambert Bridge. How progressive!


Smoked Duck Breast with Fig, Truffle, Cheese Brioche. This had a nice smokey flavor and the figs were so good with it.


Squid Ink Ravioli Filled with Crab, Langoustine and Royal Prawn with Crab Sauce, Octopus, Royal Prawn. This was what I wanted as the warm starter and I was glad the chef choose it as well. It was so good. The crab sauce was rich and I could have eaten a big bowl of it.


Souffle of Beef Tail with Sauce of Beef Tongue, Spring Salad with Mustard Seeds and Sesame. I loved this as well. The beef tail was fork tender.


Ombrina Filet on Bed of Quinoa. This was a very good fish--firm, not flaky nor dry.


Pork Cheeks cooked Sous Vide, served with 40-year cheese dumpling (sirovstruelj). I think I misunderstood the waiter. Hard to believe the cheese was actually 40 years old.


Deconstructed Apple Strudel, Cottage Cheese, Cinnamon Ice Cream, Caramel Sauce & Walnuts. My husband liked this.


Chocolate Fondant Walnut Brownie with Mint Lemon Ice Cream with Chili Powder. I liked this dessert better.


It was a nice walk back to our hotel along the river. The castle was lit up.


as was the Triple Bridge and Preseren Square.



2016 09 04

No comments:

Post a Comment