Search This Blog

Sunday, October 16, 2016

El Coqui

I was headed to the Santa Rosa Symphony and stopped at El Coqui to grab a quick bite. El Coqui is a Puerto Rican restaurant located in downtown Santa Rosa--400 Mendocino Avenue.


We started with sangria. There were four of us and we shared a pitcher--$25. This was absolutely delicious. A pitcher was perfect for the four of us. We each got about 2 1/2 glasses. If you come for Happy Hour Mon-Fri from 3-6 pm, a glass of sangria is $5.


I love the Picadillo--seasoned ground beef marinated in Puerto Rican style sofrito. It's $14.25 but I add scrambled eggs for an additional $1.75. Delicious. It comes with white or yellow rice (I get double yellow rice), black or red beans (I don't get any), fried green plantains or sweet plantains and avocado salad. They have a sauce that I describe as "kicked up Thousand Island dressing" that is delicious with the green plantains.


This is also Picadillo but the egg is fried instead of scrambled into the ground beef. The oozy yolk is good over the rice.



2016 10 10

No comments:

Post a Comment