Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Piz Boe

My husband wanted to hike to Piz Boe, It's a 2 1/2 hour, grade 1-2 hike from the gondola station. We had about 2 1/2 hours before checkout and I wanted to take a shower after hiking. I agreed to start but negotiated the option of turning back if it looked like I wouldn't have enough time.


At the top gondola station, you're surrounded by numerous peaks.


And, of course, rifugios were everywhere. Rifugios are the civilized way to hike. No need to carry tent or food, which makes long-distance hiking so much easier.


There were numerous trails. Signposts point you in the right direction.


There was a lot of loose rocks (see the trail behind the rifugio) so be sure you have good shoes. I also found it helpful to have poles.


Looking back at the gondola station and rifugio. It's pretty exposed so you don't want to be there during a storm.

I looked back at what I had already done and looked ahead to Piz Boe. It was pretty much more climbing. I could already see the mountain, which was intermittently covered with clouds and didn't think the view would be any different from the top. I decided to turn back. 

My husband continued. He thought I made the right decision since the view at the top wasn't that much different. Plus, I didn't slow him down.


Back near the gondola station, there were great views of the valley.


I walked around and took some pictures at the gondola station and ran into my husband on the gondola ride down. I got my shower before we left the hotel.



2016 09 13

No comments:

Post a Comment