Search This Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Roadside Lunch in Italy

After Hisa Franko, we left Slovenia and drove into Italy. We took SS51, a secondary road and stopped at a roadside restaurant, La Baita di Zanchetta Anna Maria, near S. Croce del Lago.




We sat outside and had a beautiful view of the lake. The only downside to sitting outside was that we had to deal with smokers. Smokers are still all over the place in Italy.


I had 1/4 liter of wine for €2. My husband, who was driving, had a Coke for €2.30. Hard to believe it's cheaper to have wine than a soft drink.


Spaghetti with Tomatoes & Basil--€9. My husband liked the perfectly al dente pasta and the ripe tomatoes.


Tagliatelle al Ragu di Cervo (deer)--€9. I liked this even more. This was amazing. The pasta was freshly made and the ragu was delicious.


Spinach Sauteed in Oil & Garlic--€4. This was also delicious. Reminded me of the spinach at Osteria in Palo Alto.



2016 09 10

No comments:

Post a Comment